Contact: Press Office, 703-650-5550; www.JohnMcCain.com
VIEW THE AD HERE: www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b0pSXmT10I
Script For "Disrespectful" (TV :30)
ANNCR: He was the world's biggest celebrity, but his star's fading.
So they lashed out at Sarah Palin.
Dismissed her as "good looking."
That backfired, so they said she was doing, "what she was told."
Then desperately called Sarah Palin a liar.
And how Governor Sarah Palin proves them wrong, every day.
JOHN MCCAIN: I'm John McCain and I approved this message.
AD FACTS: Script For "Disrespectful" (TV :30)
ANNCR: He was the world's biggest celebrity, but his star's fading. So they lashed out at Sarah Palin. Dismissed her as "good looking."
· Joe Biden Said One Of The Differences Between Him And Governor Palin Was "She's Good Looking." "In his introduction of Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., just now on the rooftop of the Toledo Public Library, Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., commented on the pulchritude of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Sen. John McCain's newly-named running mate. ... 'From our perspective the whole deal is how does the government help you get back up without getting in the way?' Biden asked. 'There's a gigantic -- gigantic -- difference between John McCain and Barack Obama, and between me and I suspect my vice presidential opponent. And that is that -- ' The crowd laughed. 'Well there's obvious differences,' Biden said, beginning to ham it up. 'She's good looking,' he said, laughing. 'You know there's obvious differences. But there's a whole lot -- '" (Jake Tapper and Matt Jaffe, "Oh, That Joe! (Number 4 in a Series) -- Biden on Difference Between Him And Palin: 'She's Good Looking'," ABC News' "Political Punch" Blog, http://blogs.abcnews.com, Posted 8/31/08)
ANNCR: That backfired, so they said she was doing, "what she was told."
· Obama Chief Strategist David Axelrod: Governor Palin Did "What She Was Told." "My colleague Carrie Budoff Brown reports that David Axelrod spoke to reporters about Sarah Palin on the plane in
ANNCR: Then desperately called Sarah Palin a liar. How disrespectful. And how Governor Sarah Palin proves them wrong, every day. JOHN MCCAIN: I'm John McCain and I approved this message.
· Obama Response Ad: Governor Palin "Lying" About Her Record. OBAMA AD: "They call themselves mavericks. Whoa. Truth is, they're anything but. John McCain is hardly a maverick, when seven of his top campaign advisers are
· Obama National Finance Committee Member Howard Gutman Questioned Whether Governor Palin Should Be Running Since She Has Five Children, Including A Child With Down Syndrome. "On the Laura Ingraham Radio show, Friday, attorney Howard Gutman -- an original member of the national finance committee for Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill. -- very directly criticized the parenting of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin. ... Gutman said the issue wasn't one of gender, but one of parenting -- regardless of the gender of the parent. 'This has nothing to do with gender, whether Todd Palin was the nominee or Sarah Palin was the nominee,' Gutman said. 'If my daughter had just come home at 17 years old and said, 'Mom, Dad, I'm pregnant, we have a family problem,' I wouldn't say, "You know what we're going to do? We're going to take this private family problem...and you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to go on the international stage and broadcast this to t he world."' Gutman continued, 'this wasn't a working mother issue, this was a parent issue... The proper attack is not that a woman shouldn't run for vice president with five kids, it's that a parent, when they have a family in need, a Down's baby who needs them -- mother or father.'" (Jake Tapper, "Obama Campaign National Finance Committee Member Criticizes Palin's Parenting," ABC News' "Political Punch" Blog, http://blogs.abcnews.com, Posted 9/5/08)
· Carol Fowler, The
· Obama Florida Co-Chair Representative Robert Wexler (D-FL) Said That Governor Palin Was A Supporter Of Pat Buchanan Who He Called A "Nazi Sympathizer." "Here's Rep. Robert Wexler of
· The Obama Campaign Linked Governor Palin As A Supporter Of Pat Buchanan Who They Called A "Nazi Sympathizer." "'Palin was a supporter of [MSNBC analyst] Pat Buchanan, a right-winger or as many Jews call him: a Nazi sympathizer,' Obama spokesman Mark Bubriski wrote in an email." (Marc Caputo, "Obama Camp Connects The Dots For Jews: McCain...Palin...Buchanan...Nazis," The Miami Herald's "Naked Politics" Blog, http://miamiherald.typepad.com, Posted 8/30/08)
· Obama Supporter Representative Steve Cohen (D-TN) Said "Jesus Was A Community Organizer, Pontius Pilate A Governor." "Last seen in election 2008 comparing Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, to the villain played by Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction, -- having survived an anti-Semitic primary challenge -- Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn., feels liberated to come on the House floor and say that 'Jesus was a community organizer, Pontius Pilate a governor.' Prediction: the Democrats will soon put him in a sack and throw him in a basement." (Jake Tapper, "Obama-Backing Congressman: Jesus Was A Community Organizer, Pontius Pilate A Governor'," ABC News' "Political Punch" Blog, http://blogs.abcnews.com, Posted 9/10/08)
· Announced Obama Supporter Former Sen. Lincoln Chafee Called Governor Palin A "Cocky Wacko." "Former Rhode Island Republican Sen. Lincoln Chafee has called vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin a 'cocky wacko' and said her selection as John McCain's running mate has energized supporters of Democrat Barack Obama. Chafee left the Republican Party last year after losing his bid for re-election and now supports Obama. He told an audience Tuesday at the New America Foundation in