Three National Organizations Partner to Engage Couples Early in Consideration Process Through Content, Conferences & Collaboration
Contact: Kenny Jahng, 973-500-8536, email@example.com
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., Nov. 30, 2011 /Standard Newswire/ -- In tandem with the White House proclamation marking this month as National Adoption Month, The Adoption Journey Project has now launched a new website, aimed at couples starting to think about adoption. The website, now available at www.AdoptionJourney.com is a collaborative effort between Bethany Christian Services, Lifesong for Orphans and Lifeline Children's Services.
"The vast majority of resources being published by adoption agencies and supporting organizations are for families that are either close to or have committed to the adoption process already," said Marc Andreas, Vice President of Marketing at Bethany Christian Services, the largest adoption agency in the country.
"We recognize that couples just starting to think about adoption have completely different perspectives and needs regarding the discernment process for adoption in their lives. This project will provide tangible resources to help support them and the beginning of their own adoption journey."
The web-based resources available on www.AdoptionJourney.com include:
- Frequently Asked Questions about adoption answered by post-adoptive parents
- Story vignettes of families who have adopted to highlight various circumstances and calling
- Educational resources for discovering current adoption needs – domestically & internationally
- Help with deciphering the financial aspects of grants, loans and financing adoptions
- A service to correspond with post-adoptive families regarding early stage consideration questions couples may have
- General overviews of adoption process based on geography or circumstance
- Platform for sharing couples' adoption journey stories who are currently going through adoption including tools for personal fundraising to help disburse financial impact
Additional resources are being published on AdoptionJourney.com for families such as interviews, webinars and ongoing social media engagement with families and leaders involved with adoption initiatives. Subject matter includes Biblical calling for communities to embrace adoption, church adoption funds, grants and loans, and questions pre-adoptive couples might have to ask of pastors and adoptive parents.
President Barak Obama's proclamation states, "Adoption has become a part of many Americans' lives and has contributed to the character of our Nation. As parents and as family members, it is our task to do all we can to give our children the very best." In like fashion, the aim for the project is to become hope producers and a catalyst for joy for orphans, vulnerable children, and families around the world.
White House Proclamation for National Adoption Month: Click Here
ABOUT THE ADOPTION JOURNEY PROJECT
The AdoptionJourney.com project is a collective of organizations who want to break down the barriers to adoption -- Bethany Christian Services, Lifesong for Orphans, and Lifeline Children's Services. The goal is to foster honest conversations about the adoption process, offer comprehensive yet easily accessible information about domestic and foreign adoption, and connect those who have already adopted with those who are thinking about it.