NEWS PROVIDED BY
May 4, 2022
NASHVILLE, May 4, 2022 /Standard Newswire/ -- International Catholic Speaker, Author of 7 books on Scripture, and 'Catholic Evangelista,' Sonja Corbitt is not only loving teaching God's Word, she's loving teaching it to Catholics and setting their hearts ablaze in Scripture, Mother Mary, The Eucharist, and Holy Mother Church. Growing up as a Southern Baptist, Corbitt converted to Catholicism in 2006 and started her 'Bible Study Evangelista' PODCAST in 2014, now ranked #3 top 'Catholic Bible Podcast' on Amazon Audible in the world, following Jeff Cavins and Fr. Mike Schmitz, and has shared her conversion story on EWTN's 'The Journey Home' and 'Women of Grace' television series. With over 1 million downloads worldwide, the 'Bible Study Evangelista' podcasts are often listened to 'on the go'—while doing laundry, exercising, or washing the car, and are available through Apple, Android, Google, Amazon Audible, Amazon Fire, Spotify, TuneIn and more. In 2019 her 'Bible Study Evangelista' podcasts were added as a main feature to the 'Laudate App' on both Apple and the Google Play Store.
Sonja's unique approach to Scripture through topical Bible studies for Catholics that are clearly relevant to contemporary life have led to her ministry growth and podcast success, and make her an ideal guest on the following topics:
- ACTIVATING YOUR GOD-GIVEN SPIRITUAL GIFTS: Corbitt is sharing the power of the Holy Spirit beyond her successful podcasts, through her in-person and virtual events. This weekend she is speaking to more than 10,000 Catholic Women as the Keynote and MC of the FREE upcoming 2022 Catholic Women's (VIRTUAL) Conference 'Activate Your God-Given Spiritual Gifts' taking place May 5-7, 2022, fulfilling Pope Francis' encouragement this week in his general audience address to share the importance of diving into Scripture. Corbitt is devoting her Friday night "LIVE SESSION" to examples from the Book of Ruth on the importance of using our God-given spiritual gifts. Corbitt developed a "Fresh Wind" in-depth podcast study series on spiritual gifts based around this event and an online Spiritual Gifts Quiz, both available for FREE through Pentecost.
- THE IMPORTANCE OF DAILY SCRIPTURE FOR CATHOLICS: Delving into the 'Catechism of the Catholic Church' and the Church Documents, such as 'De Verbum' on Sacred Scripture, Corbitt was edified to learn that the "one table" of the Lord includes both the Scriptures and The Eucharist (CCC 103, DV21), and she emphasizes and teaches on both through her podcast.
- EUCHARIST: Her familiarity with Old Testament types in Scripture and desire to be closer to Christ eventually drew her to a 'Eucharistic Reckoning' that led to receiving Holy Communion with Him and His Church.
- SPIRITUAL NEEDS: While Corbitt served as Director of Religious Education of her parish, she quickly realized the need for more simple means for busy Catholics to experience the transforming power of Scripture, so she began writing, speaking, podcasting, and hosting TV series in an effort to nourish Catholics with the Word of God. Sonja hosts her own 'Evangelista Bible Study' series with CatholicTV, and her new Shalom TV series 'Just Rest' begins airing this June. Her most popular series have been on spiritual themes included in many of her books, addressing:
• Activating your God-given spiritual gifts (Spiritual Gifts Conference, May 5-7, 2022)
• Freedom from fear & anxiety ("Fearless," Ave Maria Press, 2016)
• How the Holy Spirit works through the patterns in your life, such as anger and self-medication ("Unleashed," Ave Maria Press, 2015)
• Healing the father wound through St. Joseph
• Healing from woundedness ("Just Rest," Ave Maria Press, 2021)
• How Mary's Magnificat Can Transform Our Lives (Exalted, Ave Maria Press, 2019)
• "How to Pray Like Mary" (Ascension Press, 2019)
• The Biblical Foundations of Catholicism ("Fulfilled," Ascension Press, 2018)
• How to begin studying Scripture ("Ignite: Read the Bible Like Never Before," co-authored w/Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers, Servant Books/Franciscan Media, 2017)
- BLESSED MOTHER MARY: Through her writing for Magnificat Magazine, her study of Mary's Magnificat in the Bible, and meditations on the Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary, Sonja realized that Mary has a precise method of prayer. Corbitt was so intrigued by Mary's prayer life as explained in Pope Benedict's general audience, in which Pope Benedict called Mary the "mother of prayer," that she developed 'LOVE the Word®', a method of prayer with Scripture called "the best modernization of lectio" (lectio divina) by the former Associate Publisher for Thomas Nelson Publishing. Now, Corbitt helps us learn 'How To Pray Like Mary,' also the theme of Corbitt's book by the same name.
"Every Catholic needs the nourishment of God's Word in digestible servings," says Corbitt. "This is why I refer to my podcast and ministry as 'Bible study spinach that tastes like cake.'"
Sonja Corbitt is available for interviews. Contact MaryKatherine Bushey at email@example.com or (484) 273-1837. Learn more at BibleStudyEvangelista.com.
SOURCE Catholic Evangelista
CONTACT: MaryKatherine Bushey, 484-273-1837, firstname.lastname@example.org