NEWS PROVIDED BY
Apostolate for Holy Relics
Feb. 12, 2024
WOODBRIDGE, Conn., Feb. 12, 2024 /Standard Newswire/ -- Join us at Our Lady of the Assumption Church in Woodbridge, CT for an encounter with nine rare Relics of Christ's Passion as a unique element in your Lenten devotions this year. This is the only event that will be available in Connecticut for this presentation this year.
Having the opportunity to be in the presence of these holy relics is sure to be an experience that will help you connect with the very roots of your faith.
Take advantage of what is likely to be a once in a lifetime opportunity to engage in a meditative walk to Calvary and venerate these rare and holy relics. This powerful program is a 90-minute meditational experience supported with Eucharistic Exposition, music and prayer, culminating in relic veneration.
A collection such as this is generally seen only in Rome or the Holy Land. This presentation is being brought to us as part of a collaborative initiative between the Knights of Columbus and the Apostolate for Holy Relics.
Our Lady of the Assumption Church
81 Center Road, Woodbridge, CT 06525
Friday, March 8, 2024 at 7:00 PM
The Relics of the Passion collection includes:
- A piece of the True Cross which was discovered by St. Helena
- A piece of the Holy Table from the room where the Last Supper took place
- A piece of the Column of Flagellation
- A piece of the Crown of Thorns
- A replica of the Holy Nail, fashioned using filings from the true nails
- A relic (bone) of St. Longinus, the centurion who pierced the side of Christ
- A picture of (the effigy of) the Veil of Veronica touched to the original with a Vatican seal attesting to the fact.
- A piece of the exterior wrapping for the Shroud of Turin
- Relics of the Holy Apostles
SOURCE Apostolate for Holy Relics
CONTACT: Denise Serafini, 860-689-3229